As someone who loves to throw parties, I have a very long list of themes I can’t wait to use. At the very top is an all-out fiesta dinner party. Think taco bar with vibrant ingredients. Colorful, festive cocktails. Cozy, intimate, and festive.
I was so thrilled to have the opportunity to bring my fiesta goals to life with our Feel Good Fiesta in August, sponsored by Simply Organic! We gathered our friends in the Bay Area health and wellness community for an evening of bonding over tacos, margaritas, and everything in between. The “feel good” theme was centered on the belief that wellness is i more than just what you eat, but also the relationships you build and how you spend your time and energy.
Our dinner guests included Brooke (Excess Matters),Hande Mirel, Jenna (No Whey Lady), Julia Otest, Katey (The Violet Fog), Lacey (Breakfast and Bowls), Liz Letchford, Margaux (Well + Away), Marie (8th and Lake), Renee (Laurel Street Kitchen), Rezel Kealoha, and Karen from Simply Organic.
Why Simply Organic?
A lot of people ask how I think of sponsors to approach. Do I research online? Nope. Often, I just open up my pantry. Staring back at me are products and brands I’ve naturally built a relationship with as a customer. Why not start there and support companies that I already love?!
I’ve been a fan of Simply Organic for many years, especially because I find their spices to be reasonably priced, high quality, and easy to find at my local Whole Foods Market. I love cooking with spices (as you can tell from recipes like our shakshuka), but I had no idea that planning a party around spices could be even more fun.
I’m so excited to share some highlights from our fiesta including our menu and decor ideas. Maybe it’ll inspire your next taco night, big or small!
We kicked off the evening with a few drinks to get the party going. We knew our health-focused crowd wouldn’t be pounding shots so we offered a few booze-free options to make Wednesday morning more bearable!
Our go-to CK mixologist, Christy, crafted a duo of delicious drinks that our guests garnished with a fun spread of colorful goodies.
Simply Spicy Pineapple Margarita: This signature cocktail included a mix of tequila, chili-infused agave, pineapple juice, lime, and a Simply Organic chili-salt rim!
Señorita Bey’s Agua Fresca: One of our favorite feel good artists, Beyoncé, inspired this agua fresca made with watermelon juice and lime. We served it in a glass rimmed with Simply Organic cinnamon and sugar.
And of course, our creative guests came up with their own drinks! The popular “Julia special” made its rounds throughout the night. This mocktail included Topochico, muddled raspberries, and fresh lime juice.
The Spice Station
While the group enjoyed their drinks, they also had a chance to mix their own spice blends featuring over 15 different Simply Organic spices. Our guests dove right in to mix their own blends using our suggested “recipes” for a taco seasoning, greek blend, curry blend, and more!
A Little Self(ie) Love
What’s a party without a little photo booth? We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give the ladies some fun Mexican props from maracas to mustaches. We also had a few blackboards out so they could write and share their favorite positive, feel good mantra!
The Taco Bar
Time to eat! We love serving food family-style, and taco night is no exception! The table was filled end to end with our favorite Mexican-inspired dishes, all featuring Simply Organic spices and simmer sauces.
- Grilled Mexican Corn with Chili-Lime Ghee: Simply Organic Chili Powder • cotija cheese
- Chopped Romaine Salad: Shaved radish • toasted pepitas • cherry tomatoes • citrus vinaigrette with Simply Organic Oregano
- Black Bean & Quinoa Salad: Pickled fennel • radicchio • cilantro • micro-greens • lime vinaigrette with Simply Organic Cumin
- Flank Steak: Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- Shrimp: Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce • lime
- Sweet Potato: Zucchini • bell pepper • lime • Simply Organic Red Enchilada Simmer Sauce
- All the Fixin’s: Pico de gallo • pickled red onions • guacamole • hot sauce
- Horchata Pot de Creme: Coconut milk • Simply Organic Cinnamon • Simply Organic Vanilla Bean
- Stone Fruit with Whipped Coconut Cream: Simply Organic Cinnamon • toasted coconut flakes
Bringing the feels home
At the end of the evening, we sent our guests home with these wellness goodies. Thanks to our gift bag sponsors for generously providing these products to continue the feel good vibes!
- Simply Organic spices including Ancho Chili Powder, Cinnamon, and Cumin
- Simply Organic Simmer Sauce: These sauces are the real deal. They’re super clean and make it easy to take any protein or vegetable to the next level.
- You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero, courtesy of Running Press Books: This is such a motivating book for anyone needing that extra dose of positivity.
- Thrive Market membership: Shop organic & non-GMO brands for less!
- Sweaty Betty accessories: Our friends from across the pond recently opened their first location in San Francisco and gifted us colorful headbands and yoga socks.
I loved throwing this party and bringing talented women of the SF wellness community together. Many of them knew of each other from Instagram and their blogs, but hadn’t met in person. Seeing people walk in as strangers and leave as friends is one of the most fulfilling experiences.
Lastly, we surprised our guests with small bouquets of flowers from our arrangements!
Join the party!
Want to come to our next Confetti Kitchen event? Every month, we host a pop-up dinner, CK Supper Club, in San Francisco! This is a casual, family-style dinner that’s all about bringing people together – old friends and new – to enjoy unique food and great company. We’d love to see you there!