Effective date: June 27, 2016
Information We Collect
The information we gather from you enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize your experience on the Platform. We collect the following types of information (all considered “Personal Information”) from you:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form or taking some other explicit action. You can choose not to provide us with any of the information below, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain features without providing the appropriate information.
- Email address.
- Other voluntary information, such as household income range, zip code, gender, service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
In order to understand how our Platform is being used and to make it better, we also automatically receive, store, and log certain types of technical information whenever you interact with our Platform. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical information about a user’s browser and mobile device.
- Usage information such as the pages requested, searches conducted, emails opened, and features interacted with.
- IP address, tokens, cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers.
How We Use and Share Your Information
In addition to the specific uses discussed above, Personal Information you submit to us may be used in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about your account.
- To provide you with announcements and offers about products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, improvements, or updates.
- To solicit input and feedback to improve user experience.
- To provide administrative services, manage account preferences, and to respond to and address technical issues, harm, or disputes.
- To help us optimize our Services.
- To share with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Platform and Service.
We may provide these Services ourselves or share the information with partners who will provide the services for us. We may use aggregated user data to market the Service or the Platform to others.
We may disclose your information, including content or other data posted, uploaded or provided by you, if, among other things, we are required to do so by law or in the following situations and for the following purposes:
- It is reasonably necessary to enforce our other Platform terms and conditions, this Policy, or any other legal agreements we enter with our users.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency.
- It is required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, employees, minors, members of the public and/or our Platform.
- In connection with a sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of Personal Information, to other companies with whom we conduct business. In other words, we may combine your anonymized data with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use and can share the same with our partners. Such information allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through higher quality product development, more relevant partnerships, and more accurate marketing and advertising of the Platform. For example, we may use and/or share the following:
- Tracked number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features.
- Tracked user behavior and page views.
Information You Share
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, there are steps you can take as well when using online services. Specifically, be careful about disclosing personal information such as name, address, or e-mail address in discussion forums or other public areas of the sites. Any information disclosed in public user communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information that you share and we collect and store. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Platform cannot be guaranteed and you transmit such information at your own risk; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Updates to Personal Information and Communication Preferences
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to email@example.com indicating “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject of your email. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Our Platform is not designed or intended for use by children under 13. If you are under 18, you should use the Platform and Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Children under 13 may not submit any personally identifiable information to us, and if we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information from a child under 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information to us, please inform us by contacting us at the email address found at the end of this Policy and we will remove such information from our database.
Links to Other Sites
Notice to Non-U.S. Users
Irrespective of which country you reside in or supply information from, you authorize us to use your information in the United States and any other country where we may operate. We control and/or operate the Platform from offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Platform are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this Platform from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
How to Contact Us